If you contact the OBR we will only use your personal data for the purposes of handling and responding to your enquiry and it will not be passed on to anyone else for any other purpose.
We will retain your enquiry for a limited period of time, for reference, and delete your personal information at intervals in line with our retention policy.
Who we collect data on?
The personal information we collect relates to:
- members of the public who contact the OBR
- those writing on behalf of business or organisations
- individuals which have submitted requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act (the FOI Act)
What information do we collect?
We only process information that is submitted to us when you contact us via email or telephone, such as:
- email address
- telephone number
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
Processing personal data is necessary to:
- perform a task in the public interest
- contact those who have legitimate interest, such as members of the press
- carry out our legal obligations, such as responding to Freedom of Information requests
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We delete personal data that’s kept within our secure and restricted access systems at regular, defined intervals, unless we have legal grounds to retain the information for a longer period of time.
|Official correspondence and telephone enquiries||2 years|
Your rights in relation to personal data
You have the right to:
- request information about how your personal data are processed, and to request a copy of that personal data
- request that any inaccuracies in your personal data are rectified without delay
- in certain circumstances (for example, where accuracy is contested) request that the processing of your personal data is restricted
- object to the processing of your personal data where it is processed for direct marketing purposes (although the OBR does not normally undertake direct marketing campaigns)
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about the personal information we hold on you, or you wish to file a complaint. Please contact:
or call 0203 334 6117